Sunday, April 18, 2010

Riders 100th Anniversary Jersey

So I have my sources that have sources. And a Reebok rep has informed us that they have the design for the Riders 100th Anniversary Jersey. And the colours are Black and Maroon. What! I will wait to pass judgement until I actually physically see the jersey. But I think it's going to be a tough sell to a Nation of Green. On top of this the CFL will be celebrating the 70's with retro jerseys. Same as last years celebrating the 60's. So lets count how many jerseys this has been over the last 3 years. 2008 had the Home Green, Away White & a Retro inspired Green Jersey. 2009 had the Home Green, Away White, a new 60's Retro Green and a new 60's Retro White. Now 2010 supposedly has Home Green, Away White, 70's inspired Home and Away's and the 100th Anniversary Jersey. Thats an option of 12 Jerseys over 3 years. But even take away the regular Home & Away's, and thats 6 brand new options for fans over 3 years. That's a lot of cash to fork out and I believe the market is being too saturated with the different jerseys. On top of what I heard that in 2011 the Riders plan to revamp the Home & Away jerseys looks along with a new Logo....crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment